About Us

My photo
Seattle, WA (via Austin, TX), United States
Upon returning from our 10-week adventure in Southeast Asia (SEA), we made the plunge and moved to Seattle (SEA). Follow our adventure...

Monday, July 21, 2008

never ending hills

Jess writes: Riding bikes in Seattle is NOT the same as riding bikes in Austin. Not that I thought it would be, but man these hills never seem to end...ever. I keep telling myself "OK just over the hill," then I can catch my breath and my legs might just stop burning. Not that I need a long break, but you know just 30 sec
of non-burning would be graciously welcome. To make matters worse, they have all these roundabouts. I could easily just ride in circles until I catch my breath. Jason is the one who gave me the idea - since that is what he does when he's waiting for me to catch up. Jason is our current roommate who was generous enough to let us stay in his empty room, which - go figure - is on a very big hill.

Jason, who, by the way, has legs of pure muscle and nothing else, rides almost everywhere. We've been riding down to Green Lake to swim every other day. I have to say, I'm seriously getting better. Now I don't risk being left behind to find my own way b/c you all know that my sense of direction has never existed. Honestly, it really is good exercise. I bike to swim or I bike to go run. Who knows, maybe a triathlon is in my future! :)

No comments: